This is the 2nd episode of Delicious: Emily's Tea Garden.
- Emily: Hi, you must be Brad. I'm Emily.
- Brad: Hi there, gorgeous. What brings you into my cocktail club?
- Emily: Hank said you were looking to hire some help.
- Brad: Sure thing. I bet you'll be employee of the month in no time.
- Emily: You're so kind. I'll get started right away.
“It feels good to work towards my dream.”
- Target: 800
- Expert: 1,000
“Brad is really great to hire me on the spot.”
- Target: 900
- Expert: 1,100
- Emily: Brad, have you ever thought about using an entertainer here?
- Brad: Sure thing, Doll. I usually entertain the customers myself.
- Emily: You do?! I mean, what is it you do?
- Brad: You’re looking at the best fire breather along this whole stretch of coast.
- Emily: That sounds great. Can we start today?
- Brad: As soon as I’ve prepared my tonsils.
“In my tea garden I should have some form of juice; but with a little more variety.”
- Target: 1,000
- Expert: 1,200
- Emily: Francois, do you know a building company you can recommend.
- Francois: Of course, but I can do better than that.
- Emily: Better? How?
- Francois: I will hire the builders and manage the development for you.
- Emily: What a great idea, Francois. But it’s got to be perfect.
- Francois: Of course. I’ll organize it so they can start working straight away.
“Brad breathing fire? That sounds dangerous; but the customers sure love it.”
- Target: 1,100
- Expert: 1,300
- Target: 1,200
- Expert: 1,400
- Brad: Hey there, Doll.
- Emily: Hi, Brad. I’m really enjoying working here.
- Brad: That’s because I’m the main attraction. What do you say to the two of us going out some time?
- Emily: I’m flattered, but I don’t think it’s appropriate - you’re my boss.
- Brad: I understand; the idea of dating me takes some getting used to. I’ll check back with you in a couple of days.
- Emily: Um... Sure thing, Brad...
“I could never date Brad; he’s too obsessed with himself.”
- Target: 1,300
- Expert: 1,500
- Target: 1,400
- Expert: 1,600
- Emily: Hi, Ms. Sleezley. Can I get you a drink?
- Ms. Sleezley: Not when I’m working. I’m just here to remind you that your first installment is due in a few days.
- Emily: That’s good of you to be so thoughtful. This job is going well - I’ll soon have your money.
- Ms. Sleezley: We shall see.
“I’m making just enough to pay my first loan installment on time.”
- Target: 1,500
- Expert: 1,700
- Emily: Francois, I need your help.
- Francois: For you, anything.
- Emily: Brad asked me out, but I just can’t see me dating him. How can I let him down gently?
- Francois: I’ll tell him I’m your boyfriend; he’s sure to fall for that.
- Emily: Okay, I guess that’s a good idea...
“I don’t like lying to Brad, but I just can’t tell him the truth.”
- Target: 1,600
- Expert: 1,800
- Brad: Hey Emily...
- Emily: Hi Brad. What can I do for you?
- Brad: I just... Look, I’m sorry, okay? I didn’t know Francois was your boyfriend.
- Brad: You’ve been a great help to me. I hope we can still be friends.
- Emily: Of course we can, Brad.
- Target: 1,700
- Expert: 1,900
- Francois: Good news, Emily! They've just planted some bushes in your tea garden.
- Emily: Thanks, Francois. But I hope it will be worth it.
- Francois: Hey, Emily... It's not like you to be down like this.
- Emily: I paid my loan installment on time; but Ms. Sleezley increased the interest rate on the rest of the loan.
- Francois: ...
- Francois: Don’t worry; I have a friend who can give you a better job. He owns a superb seafood restaurant.
- Emily: Excellent! Now I can continue to build my tea garden.