This is the 4th episode of Emily's Tea Garden.
- Emily: Bonjour Monsieur Alfonse. My friend Francois sent me to see you.
- Monsieur Alfonse: Ah, oui. You are looking for a job, non?
- Emily: I'm looking for a job, yes. Would tou let me work here?
- Monsieur Alfonse: As it so happens, I have a vacancy. I had to fire someone for not being posh enough. Do you have references?
- Emily: Well, there's my uncle, Antonio.
- Monsieur Alfonse: Don't speak to me of that man; he ruined our long friendship years ago. He acused me of stealing his best recipe.
- Monsieur Alfonse: What would I, a great French chef, want with a recipe for spaghetti?
- Emily: What about the job...?
- Monsieur Alfonse: I shouldn't blame you for your uncle's mistakes. You should start straight away.
- Emily: Thank you so much!
- Emily calls Uncle Antonio.
- Emily: Uncle, can I ask you about your argument with Monsieur Alfonse?
- Antonio: Ah.., the stolen recipe disagreement. It was a shameful business.
- Emily: He really stole your recipe?
- Antonio: Ah... no. Marcello, my son, took it as a joke when he was young. When I found out, the damage was already done.
- Antonio: I never had the courage to apologize.
- Emily: Uncle, I'm so disappointed! I've always looked up to you...
- Emily: I'm going to concentrate on my business and forget all about this. Goodbye.
- Emily: Ms. Sleezley! I didn't expect you to come in here.
- Ms. Sleezley: Why not? It sound like you have something to hide. Perhaps a chat with the restaurant inspector is in order...
- Emily: This restaurant is perfect. Monsieur Alfonse would never allow anything else.
- Ms. Sleezley: Then I'll wait until you open your tea garden.
- Emily: You and the inspector will be welcome any time.
- Emily: Hi, Brad!
- Brad: ...
- Emily: Brad, are you still angry with me...?
- Brad: I know why you won't date me - you think I'm stupid!
- Emily: I've never thought that, Brad.
- Brad: Well, just you wait! I'll show you.
- Emily: Looks like I have some making up to do.
- Emily: But I have to get my tea garden up and running first.
- Emily: Hello Uncle...
- Antonio: Emily, I've come to apologize to you and to make amends with Alfonse. I owe him the truth.
- Antonio: Alfonse, will you forgive me? My son took the recipe as a prank.
- Monsieur Alfonse: And you tell me now, after all these wasted years?
- Antonio: How can I make it up to you? I'll do anything to make amends.
- Monsieur Alfonse: I'll forgive you if you play the violin for me in my restaurant.
- Antonio: It will be a pleasure, Alfonse.
- Monsieur Alfonse: Come, Antonio, I'll tell you what a wonderful job Emily is doing...
- Emily: I knew Uncle Antonio would do the right thing.
- Emily: Here's the latest installment - on time again.
- Ms. Sleezley: I'm surprised you've kept it up, but don't get smug.
- Ms. Sleezley: I've arranged for the restaurant inspector to visit you soin and she's very thorough.
- Emily: I look forward to meeting her.
- Ms. Sleezley: You won't know she's there - inspector's operate in secret.
- Francois: Congratulations, Emily! Here are the keys to your very own tea garden.
- Emily: That's wonderful, Francois. I'm so grateful for everything you've done.
- Francois: I should thank you. By giving me this chance, I was able to expand my business.
- Emily: And with one more loan payment the tea garden will truly be mine.