This is the first episode of Delicious: Emily's Tea Garden.
- Antonio: Hi, Emily, What are you doing today?
- Emily: It's time to spread my wings, Uncle Antonio.
- Emily: I'm looking for a lot of land to build my Tea Garden.
- Antonio: Have you had any luck?
- Emily: I've found the perfect site in Dolphin Bay. But I need to pay a deposit soon.
- Antonio: My friend Hank lives in Dolphin Bay and needs some help in this restaurant.
- Antonio: A regular job over there will enable you to get a loan.
- Emily: That's a great idea, Uncle. Now I can start to make my dream come true!
- Hank: Howdy, Emily! I'm Hank, the owner of this here fine establishment.
- Emily: It's good to meet you, Hank. Uncle Antonio said you needed some help.
- Hank: Sure do! My wife is a mighty fine woman, but she's has to go into hospital for a spell.
- Hank: We run the grill together, which is why I need your help.
- Emily: I'll make sure everything runs perfectly while your wife recovers.
- Hank: You're a fine gal, that's for sure.
“It feels good to work towards my dream.”
- Target: 700
- Expert: 900
- Francois: Emily, darling; did I hear right? You need someone to give your restaurant some style and flourish?
- Emily: Yes, I do! Francois, could you please help me out like you did before?
- Francois: But of course, sweetie. I'll do anything for you, you know that. Here's what I'm thinking...
- Target: 800
- Expert: 1,000
- Emily: Hank, would it be okay to hire an entertainer to keep the customers happy?
- Hank: I reckon I can be your entertainer.
- Emily: Can you play a musical instrument?
- Hank: Nope. But I can do some mighty fine rope tricks.
- Emily: Perfect! Let’s start right away.
“Making a stock of nachos in advance is such a cool idea. I’ve saved heaps of preparation time.”
- Target: 900
- Expert: 1,100
“Hank’s rope tricks sure please the customers!”
- Target: 1,000
- Expert: 1,200
- Target: 1,100
- Expert: 1,300
“I used part of my loan to buy this beautiful picket fence.”
- Target: 1,200
- Expert: 1,400
- Target: 1,300
- Expert: 1,500
“I’m so pleased - it’s going so well that people are making reservations.”
- Target: 1,400
- Expert: 1,600
- Hank: Great news, Emily! My wife is recovering so well she’ll be back to her old self in a couple of days.
- Emily: That’s wonderful! You must be so relieved.
- Hank: I’m sure her speedy recovery is because she knows the restaurant is in good hands.
- Emily: Thank you, Hank. I always enjoy helping out.
“When Hank’s wife recovers, how will Inget enough money to build my tea garden?”
- Target: 1,500
- Expert: 1,700
- Target: 1,600
- Expert: 1,800
- Emily: Hi, Ms. Sleezley! I have your loan repayment right on time.
- Ms. Sleezley: Fine... What do you have next on your restaurant agenda?
- Emily: I haven't thought of that.
- Ms. Sleezley: If you take out an extended loan, you could use it to pay for the building and fitting out of the tea garden.
- Emily: What a good idea; the builders could get started straight away.
- Ms. Sleezley: Before you take out the new loan, however, you must agree to the terms.
- Ms. Sleezley: Pay the loan back in four installments, but if you miss just one the bank will repossess all your assets.
- Emily: That sounds like a fair deal. You'll have your money at each due date.
- Hank: Hey there, Emily. I'm afraid that now my wife is better I no longer need your help.
- Emily: But... how will I pay back my loan installment?
- Hank: Talk about bad timing... Wait! My younger brother, Brad, needs some serious help.
- Emily: You mean, in his restaurant?
- Hank: Well... that's for starters. Hw owns the Cocktail Beach Club.
- Emily: Thanks, Hank. I'll go see him right away.