This is the 5th and final episode of Heart's Medicine: Season One.
- Allison goes past the lobby and into the lab.
- Allison's in the lab, seeing Ruth.
- Allison: Ruth... I'm sorry about my behavior at Robert's party. I has no right to lash out at you like that.
- Ruth: It doesn't matter, dear, this job can be a bit heavy at times...
- Ruth: ...and even more so when it hits close to home.
- Allison: It's just...
- Allison: I couldn't lose anyone close to me again...
- Ruth: Was it your father?
- Ruth: Oh, dear...
- Ruth: ... you must have loved your dad a great deal for it to still hurt so much...
- Allison: Remember that in the end that's all that matters.
- Ruth and Allison gave a hug.
- Allison is depressed;
- Ruth: I wish I could tell you this under better circumstances, but...
- Ruth: Robert passed away last night in his home...
- Ruth: He was surrounded by fanily and friends. He kept them laughing until the very end.
- Ruth: I know he'd still want you to have this,
- Allison unwraps and opens the present.
- Robin took Allison to the Prenatal.
- Robin: Allison, you've met Chance before. He is our prenatal specialist.
- Robin: Chance, can you show Allison around today?
- Chance: Sure, Robin. Good morning, Allison. How has your residency been going so far?
- Allison: In a word, 'eventful'.
- Chance: Ah! I've just the 'stress reliever' for you, then.
- Chance: I bought some herbal peppermint vapor odorizers for the ward.
- Chance: Perhaps you could activate them for me? Though I don't quite remember where I put them all...
- Allison; How about, 'I'll do my best and if I can't get to all of them I'll ask for help?'
- Chance: Wonderful! That's all I can ask.
During the shiftEdit
- Allison lights up 10 candles.
- Chance: Take a look at the pose in the top right corner.
- Chance: Match the pose by clicking on the limb that isn't in the correct position.
- Chance: Keep clicking until you've found the correct position.
- Chance: That's it! Now click on the 'ready' button to check if you did it correctly.
- Chance: Great! You've shown the patient how to do a yoga move.
- Allison: Wow! That is nice.
- Chance: Aromatherapy can have a powerful effect on our psychological and physical well being.
- Chance: I find it as essential to my daily routine as yoga, meditation or even getting enough sleep.
- Chance: Please, take one home.
- Pregnant Mrs. Henriquez and Mr. Henriquez are in the prenatal.
- Chance: Oh, my! How far apart are the contractions?
- Mrs. Henriquez: They're ten minutes apart still but...
- Mr. Henriquez: "Darling... you're just worried! Let's come back when the contractions are closer together...
- Mrs. Henriquez: You're probably right...
- Chance: Hmm... let's have a look...
- Chance, and Allison take a pregnant girl to the bed, and the man stands.
- Chance is scanning for a baby.
- Chance: The baby's umbilical cord is wrapped around it's neck. We need to deliver her now.
- Chance: Allison, I'm going to need your assistance.
- Allison: I- I can't. I've never-
- Mrs. Henriquez: Ughhhhhhhh!
- Chance: Quickly! Just follow my lead...
During the shiftEdit
- Allison and Chance do 13 gestures.
- After 6 gestures done, it will take a while.
- 6 hours later...
- After the last 7 gestures, the baby is delivered.
- Allison grabs a baby out of her tummy.
- Welcome new baby to the Enriquez family!
- Chance: Mr. and Mrs. Henriquez, you have yourselves a healthy baby girl!
- Henriquez's baby: Waaaaaaaa!
- Allison: Chance, about yesterday... how did you know something was wrong with that woman's baby?
- Allison: I mean... if she had listened to her husband, there's no telling what could have happened.
- Chance: The truth is I didn't know if anything was wrong...
- Chance: ...but the patient did.
- Chance: Everyone has an 'inner nurturer' that knows how to take loving care of 'you'. Sometimes we just need to learn how to listen to that voice.
- Chance: I actually have a personality form for finding out more about you
- Chance: Here... you might find it useful...
During the shiftEdit
- Allison has 4 questions about her personality.
- Chance: Move your mouse into the middle square to find a baby's heart rate. Babies won't stop moving, so you'll need to keep the heart in the square by countering the little tyke's movements.
- Chance: Keep up the good work!
- Chance: Great! You've recorded the baby's heartbeat.
Imagine a landscape with a cube in it, how big is the cube?
- Very big, like an elephant.
- As big as I am.
- Small, like a strange box.
- Really small, like an ice cube. (Correct)
In that landscape imagine a ladder, where is it in relation to the cube and how big is it?
- It's close to the cube and very high.
- It's far away from the cube and very high. (Correct)
- It's close to the cube and low.
- It's far away from the cube and low.
Next to the cube is a horse, what is the horse doing?
- The horse is looking at the cube. (Correct)
- The horse is actively jumping around.
- The horse is calmly eating grass.
- The horse is carrying the cube.
There is a storm on the horizon. How close is it and are you in danger?
- It's far away and is harmless.
- It's close, but harmless.
- It's far away, but dangerous. (Correct)
- It's near by and dangerous.
- Your ego is a lot smaller than the average person.
- You have high aspirations, but feel far away from achieving them.
- Your ideal partner only has eyes for you.
- The problems you will face are large, but thankfully still far away.
- Allison: Thanks for the questionnaire, Chance.
- Chance: Remeber: knowledge comes from other people. Wisdom comes from yourself.
- Allison: Chance, I have a concern of my own. We're seeing lots more patients with severe flu-like symptoms.
- Allison: I'd like us to have the flu station in here tomorrow. I know it's expensive, but I'm concerned, especially about our newborns.
- Chance: Alright, if you feel it's important, I'll make sure to request it.
- Allison and Chance leave the Prenatal Care.
- Chance brought a flu station.
- Chance: We received the flu station, but it still needs to be set up correctly.
- Allison: I'm on it, Chance. We need you on the ward.
- Allison goes.
During the shiftEdit
- Allison sets up the flu station, to make it correctly.
- Chance leaves the Prenatal Care.
- Allison follows Chance, leaving the Prenatal Care.
- Back in the lobby, Little Creek Hospital Family was speaking.
- John: Everyone, please! There's simply no evidence to suggest an outbreak of any new influenza subtype.
- Allison: It's true.
- Everyone looking at Allison.
- Allison: Expectant mothers are usually the most susceptible due to their weakened immune systems.
- Allison: We saw a lot of severe flu-like symptons in prenatal.
- Connor: So you guys have the flu station? What about my kids?
- Allison: Any patients with flu symptons can be sent to our ward, tomorrow.
- Allison: We'll send our healthy newborns and expectant mothers to pediatrics or basic diagnosis, keeping only those patients showing symptoms.
- Robin; Sounds very sensible.
- Chance, Allison, Robin, John, and Daniel, are in the Prenatal Care.
- John: I said I'm fine, Daniel!
- Robin: Chance, Allison: while I was interim medical director I was able to order some H9N9 vaccines.
- Robin: They've only just arrived and there's only six, so we're one short.
- Allison: John, we need you to go home.
- John: May I remind you, young lady, whose hospital you're standing in? Who brought you here?
- Allison: John, you've been a great mentor to me, and I'm grateful...
- Allison: ...but you're in no shape to receive a vaccine of this sort, and the flu poses a real risk to your life.
- Daniel: She's right, Dad. Let me drive you home.
- John: I'll drive MYSELF home when I'm good and ready!
- John walks out of the Prenatal Care.
- Robin: I'll inoculate the rest of staff.
- Daniel and Robin leave the Prenatal, letting Allison go.
During the shiftEdit
- Allison has to watch out for the flu.
- Allison: We did it!
- Allison and Chance gave them a high five.
- There was a car going driving to crash.
- Allison and Chance are seeing somewhere, looking for the car crash.
- Ruth enters the Prenatal, warning Allison and Chance.
- Ruth: John's been in an accident!
- At the car crash, John was knocked out by an accident.
- Daniel cries very sadly.
- Allison was so surprised.
- Robin was seeing Daniel crying.
- Daniel: We tried, it's no use...
- Allison does 27 gestures for John.
- Allison does the first 2 gestures.
- Robin: Allison... please... it's too late.
- Allison: I'm sorry Robin, but I have to try...
- Allison does the final 25 gestures, making John wakes up, and revive.
- Daniel: Dad!
- Allison: Let's get him to the hospital!
- Daniel is walking around, after he's back in the hospital.
- Allison and Gabriel are in the hospital.
- Allison: John is stable and awake.
- Allison: ...he suffered a major heart-attack in his car and it could be a while until he returns to work.
- Daniel: Can we go see him?
- Allison: ...actually, he's already been asking for a wheelchair...
- Allison: ...but I don;t think he's ready for that just yet...
- Ruth takes John, into the wheelchair.
- John: ...not ready?! Pffffffffff...
- Ruth: I'm sorry, Allison, but he threatened to fire me...
- John: Good... you're *cough* all here, I've got an announcement to make...
- John: ...as of today my function he... here is strictly of an "advisory" nature...
- John: ...I've decided to retire and leave the clinic to my son.
- John: ...and as for you, Allison...
- John: 'Thank you' just doesn't seem to cut it...
- John: ...you saved, not just my life, but a few others along the way...
- John: ...and on top of that you fit perfectly in our little family.
- Johnr: ...That's why you should know whenever you finish your residency there will be a spot waiting for you here...
- Allison and John gave a hug.
- Allison: Thanks John, I'd like that very much...
- John: Now go and take the rest of the week off, because next week you're meeting the rest of the staff...
- Allison, Daniel, and Connor are about to leave.
- Daniel: Can I give you a ride when you're done, Allison?
- Connor: Don't be ridiculous, you live on the other side of town. I'll give her a ride.
- Allison: Actually, it's a beautiful day outside, I think I'll walk home.
- Allison is walking home, heads out of the Little Creek Hospital.
- Allison received a letter.